facebook photogriffon


Street Saint-Benoît
Ancienne rue de l'égout, la voie prend le nom de saint Benoît (Benoît de Nursie), fondateur de l’ordre des Bénédictins, religieux de Saint-Germain-des-Prés En raison du voisinage de l’abbaye Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
Dans cette petite rue, il y a de nombreux restaurants qui se côtoient ou se font face, avec des enseignes pérennes ou au contraire très volatiles. On peut relever : Le Relais de l'Entrecôte (naguère L'Entrecôte) au n° 20, L’Épicerie (disparue)2, Le Petit Saint-Benoît au n° 4, L’Assiette au beurre (disparue), Au Saint-Benoît au n°26, le Café de Flore (au coin du boulevard Saint-Germain), la Brasserie Saint-Benoît, Au Pied de fouet, Chez Papa au n° 3, Les Mots Passants, La Société (entrée principale par la Place Saint-Germain-des-Prés), le restaurant japonais Yen au n° 22, la Galerie 31 café-restaurant artistique (au coin de la Rue Jacob)...

Old street sewer, route takes the name of St. Benedict (Benedict of Nursia), founder of the Benedictine order, monks of Saint-Germain-des-Prés Due to the vicinity of the Abbey of Saint-Germain des-Prés.
In this small street, there are many restaurants that coexist or opposite, with brands perennial or otherwise highly volatile. It may be noted: Le Relais de l'entrecote (formerly L'entrecote) at No. 20, The Grocery (disappeared) 2, Le Petit Saint-Benoit at No. 4, L'Assiette au beurre (disappeared), The Saint -Benoît at No. 26, the Café de Flore (corner of Boulevard Saint-Germain), Brasserie St. Benedict, Au Pied de whip, Chez Papa at No. 3 words loops, the Company (main entrance by the Place Saint-Germain-des-Prés), the Japanese Yen at No. 22 restaurant, the Gallery 31 art coffee shop (at the corner of Rue Jacob) ...

Rue Saint-Benoîtabout 480 to 547 Abbot of Monte Cassino, founder of the Benedictine order. Number 5
The writer
Marguerite Duras (1914-1996) lived in this house from
1942 to 1996.
Number 5
Should live here thirty years the poet Leo Larguier of the Académie Goncourt (1878-1950).
Number 11
The Layarc Brothers who owned "The Echaudé" founded in 1964, Le Petit Zinc at 25 Street Bucci. Originally, the restaurant was a neighborhood bistro that had to specialty sausages Auvergne, boiled chicken and steak.
Number 24
Félix Leclerc
(1914-1988) lived here in 1951, it gave its credentials to the French song.
Number enface 1
Café Le Flore
It appeared a few years after the beginning of the Third Republic, probably 1887, is named after a sculpture of the ancient goddess Flora on the opposite side of the boulevard. At the end of the nineteenth century, Charles Maurras, on the first floor, there was writing her book In a sign of Flora. It was also at this stage that the Journal of French Action was founded in 1899.

Map to locate precisely the streets

Other Streets to discover